They are scripts.
I am actually glad that the days of coding in C are past me :-)  I looked at
the code for some plug-ins, and I decided I'd rather not do that!  Also,
actually, I prefer scripts, as I can move them from machine to machine
without a need to recompile (not on all my machines I have a build
environment). They seem preferable - to install them, you just drop them
into place!

I actually think that the combination of a number-crunching core written in
C, and control scripts written in interpreted, high-level, languages, and
consequently easy to install/modify by users, is a very good paradigm.  As a
user, I am much more likely to tinker with simple, self-contained scheme
scripts, than with .c stuff that needs a whole build environment to compile.

Luca

On 12/13/06, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 13:02 -0800, Luca de Alfaro wrote:

> I hope these can be useful to others!  I was certainly very much in
> need for them, and I wonder why I was so lazy to learn script-fu only
> now (lack of documentation? nah, cannot be it ;-).

So these are actually scripts, not plug-ins? Not that it would make much
of a difference. Except that plug-ins often offer a nicer UI with
preview.

Sven