Our business logo was designed by a professional. At this point of time,
the person who created the logo is not available to edit the image.

I have posted the images at the following link:

The image has white patches around the circumference and around the
alphabets BINARY. When I reduce the image to lesser size, 100x144 it
looks very awkward.  I have been trying to remove those white patches
for two days. I haven't been successful.

Can anybody tell me how to remove those white patches and make the image

I'm novice in Graphics editing. GIMP is the only graphics editing
software I have on my Linux computer.

With Warm Regards,