I have installed ports/gimpshop on my fFreebsd 6.1 system. I want to compare
its functionality with photoshop with which I am extremely familar and use
extensively on my Win XP system.

I have started gimp and have two  newbie questions.

1. How do I get to start gimpshop? The docs seem to have detailed
documentation but although I have searched <much head scratching> -- I seem
unable to find a page that tells me how to get gimpshop running :-(

2. I found that gimp will itself will open *.jpg but does not open raw files -
In my case in need to be able to open canon raw files *.cr2 and would also
like to be able to open photoshop *.psd files.

Here is a list of the relevant gimp packages installed and OS version info:

# pkg_info |grep gimp
gimp-2.2.15,2       The "meta-port" for The Gimp
gimp-help-0.12      GIMP user's manual
gimp-print-4.2.7_3  GIMP Print Printer Driver
gimpshop-2.2.11_5   GIMP fork resembling Adobe Photoshop

# uname -a
FreeBSD --- 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Sun May  7 04:15:57 UTC 2006
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP  amd64

Thanks in advance