Hi, Akki!

In MacOS X, you may do the following:

1. Use the system-wide keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots into
the Clipboard:

Control + Shift + Command + 3    ----> a shot from the entire screen
Control + Shift + Command + 4    ----> a shot from a selection of the
screen
Control + Shift + Command + 4 and then press SPACEBAR   ----> a shot
from only one window

By the way, if you use these commands without pressing the CONTROL
key, the images are stored in a file, not the clipboard.

2. In GIMP, use File > Acquire > From Clipboard

Have fun!

Victor Domingos
http://lojamac.com/blog

-----