Hi everybody,

first of all I've got to make clean that i was asking the question
about getting screenshoots directly into GIMP under Mac OS not only
for practical reasons – i'll describe that coll functionality in my
masterthesis and then it doesn't work under Mac OS (and it doesn't :-(
) I've got to mention that.

Of course it's possible to make screenshots under Mac OS that are
stored in files and to open that files for cropping and other work in
GIMP – but that's what i can do with any other program and the cool
functionality in GIMP is lost :-(

The following doesn't work, i think the X11-server and Mac OS doesn't
use the same clipboard (thanks for the shortcut-summary anyway. But
then you're looking to these shortcuts you'll understand why i would
like to prefer the GIMP-way of getting screenshoots: you've got to
remember that shortcuts (or note it on a piece of paper) and you've
got to have fingers like spaghetti to press all these buttons at one
time):

Victor Domingos schrieb:
> Hi, Akki!
>
> In MacOS X, you may do the following:
>
> 1. Use the system-wide keyboard shortcuts for taking screenshots into
> the Clipboard:
>
> Control + Shift + Command + 3    ----> a shot from the entire screen
> Control + Shift + Command + 4    ----> a shot from a selection of the
> screen
> Control + Shift + Command + 4 and then press SPACEBAR   ----> a shot
> from only one window
>
> 2. In GIMP, use File > Acquire > From Clipboard

The following thing works, but you've got to save files, open files,
rename files and at least delete all that files that are created on
the desktop automatically – clumsy.

> By the way, if you use these commands without pressing the CONTROL
> key, the images are stored in a file, not the clipboard.

However, the most important thing for me is clear: i know that I've
got to give a footnote in my masterthesis about that.

Thank you very much

Regards

Akki Nitsch

The freedom of meaning one thing and saying
something different is not permitted.

                        E.W. Dijkstra

Andreas "Akki" Nitsch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 0171/ 54 12 63 1
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Nitsch
n:Nitsch;Andreas
adr;dom:;;Goethestrasse 11;Romrod;Hessen;36329
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:0171/54 12 63 1
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.akki-n.de