Hi,

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 17:09 +0930, David Gowers wrote:

> Well, you seem to have misunderstood me, I was suggesting that Doug's
> idea that Printscreen would work everywhere was naive, not that Macs
> should have a Printscreen key (less keys are better, not more). Anyway
> such a function should be kept out of an OS (and it's terrible that
> both Mac and Windows implement it as part of the OS.) -- the user
> should be able to use the keys on his keyboard as he decides.

Taking screenshots is a basic functionality that every desktop should
provide. Of course it is a good idea to make the keyboard shortcut
configurable. But there is definitely nothing terrible about providing
this functionality. I would even go as far as considering any desktop
incomplete and broken that does not provide it.

Sven