On 7/18/07, Victor Domingos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Em 2007/07/17, às 16:52, David Gowers escreveu:
>Also-- does a Mac keyboard even HAVE a PrintScreen key? Google saith:
no, it doesn't :)

> As I said in a previous post, in MacOS X, we don't have a PrintScreen key, we
> have a complete aplication, named Capture, for taking screenshots, and a full
> set of system-wide keyboard shortcuts that allow us to take screenshots of
> the full screen, or from a selections, or from one window, and we even can
> specify if the image goes into a new file or will remain in the Clipboard. As
> far as I know, it's the more flexible/powerfull aproach to screenshots in
> current operating systems...

Well, you seem to have misunderstood me, I was suggesting that Doug's
idea that Printscreen would work everywhere was naive, not that Macs
should have a Printscreen key (less keys are better, not more). Anyway
such a function should be kept out of an OS (and it's terrible that
both Mac and Windows implement it as part of the OS.) -- the user
should be able to use the keys on his keyboard as he decides.

> we even can specify if the image goes into a new file or will remain in the
> Clipboard.
Well that should be gotten rid of, it's a choice of quite dubious
value that can be avoided by always doing both. Maybe it's a backwards
compatibility thing?