>Thank you all for the interesting comments and information. In the
>I was a great fan of the SLR and I had several starting with a
>camera, 'Zenit', which I still have and finishing up with a Nikon
>28mm and 135mm lenses which unfortunately were stolen. My Arthritic
>problems were just starting so I moved to an Olympus compact camera
>built in zoom and have staggered from then into the digital era. In
>earlier years I had a dark room which eventually I had to give up and
>now I see my computer taking over the functions of a dark room.
>So you see, I am not a newcomer to photography and I am well aware of
>the problems with dust etc especially with SLR cameras. As I said in
>original posting I need ease of handling and RAW. Changing lenses is
>so easy when one hand is holding a walking cane even standing for any
>length of time is a problem. Carrying equipment is not comfortable
and I
>do like to wander on my own when out for a shoot.

Depending on which focal area is of your interest, there are more
interesting suggestions - all of the "bridge" type, witch means "bigger
My suggestion is (being an Olympus fan) the Olympus SP-560 UZ. It has
a 27 - 486 (35 mm equivalent) lens, 8Mp and saves in RAW. Besides that
it has an CCD-based image stabilization system. And of course full
manual exposure control.

mvh Mogens Jæger