Hi,

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 21:46 +0000, Thomas Worthington wrote:

> The alt-key is covered in other posts but the other killer problem for me
> in 2.4 is the lack of a ratio display or lock on the crop tool. I need to
> crop to a ratio a lot and a display that always reads "current" is no use.
> It literally means I have to get the calculator out; I can do that, but
> arguing with the Alt key at the same time is too much. 2.2 just works.

That is actually the point where the 2.4 crop tool is a lot superior
than the one in 2.2. Not only does it not pop up an annoying dialog as
soon as you start to use it. It also features an entry for the aspect
ratio that has a calculator built into it. You enter the desired aspect
ratio in the Crop tool options, like 16:9, and it will use that whenever
you press Shift (or lock the ratio using the check button next to the
entry). Quite useful as soon as you discovered it. The fact that you
didn't discover it should make us think though...

Sven