Hi Michael J. Hammel

> I can't say if the TIFF file plugin supports this or not but there are
> some options on how to deal with the situation if it doesn't.  First,
> load the TIFF images and then save them in JPEG at 100% quality.
> Technically that should be equivalent to TIFF since no compression is
> performed but I can't guarantee that.
As far as I know, baseline jpeg is alway lossy; only JPEG-LS supports
lossless image saving. So, does it mean that if I save file at 100% quality,
gimp will use JPEG-LS?

Also, I will also check that if your ideal will work or not. I'm worried about
that gimp can not even read the exif in the tiff file such that your approach
will not work at all.

--
Best Wishes,

Tsai, Dung-Bang   蔡東邦