Thank you so much everyone! Changing the permissions helped to find the
import-palette.py in the plug-in browser and to make it run.
Everything is working fine now - I also see the additional menu-entry in the
import-menu. But a hint for all: don't try to import the file over the
standard-entry (import palette ... :))
have a good night!

Tina