Hi,

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 13:36 +0200, peter kostov wrote:

> Sven is right. I just did:
> "Add Layer Mask" -> "Transfer layer's alpha channel", check "Invert
> Mask", then file -> open as layers -> open the original image, flatten
> and the image is O.K.
> So it is not a bug in GIMP, but maybe in the way the image was saved
> with this mask.

One could argue though that the BMP loader in GIMP should use a layer
mask to represent the mask in the BMP file instead of using an alpha
channel for this. You would probably have discovered this more easily
then and it appears to be a better way to represent the BMP image
structure. So I think we should accept a patch that changed the BMP file
plug-in in this way.

Sven