peter kostov schreef:
> "Add Layer Mask" -> "Transfer layer's alpha channel", check "Invert
> Mask", then file -> open as layers -> open the original image, flatten
> and the image is O.K.

That doesn't seem to work for me. I get an image that is almost
completely white. No big deal though: I just use Irfanview to read and
save it, which removes the alpha channel.

> So it is not a bug in GIMP, but maybe in the way the image was saved
> with this mask.

I suppose so. I'll just save the images with 24 bpp instead of 32 bpp;
that way the image doesn't include an alpha channel.

The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.
  -- Isaac Asimov

Roel Schroeven