peter kostov schreef:
> Roel, I don't understand your technique of creating this screenshot, but
> it looks like the BMP file has a mask in it. This is the source of the
> transparency, because the file-bmp plug-in transforms this into
> transparency.

Yes, I understand that now.

> Unfortunately I can't understand exactly how to change the file-bmp
> plug-in to implement that what Sven is suggesting because at this
> time I know just a little python, but not C.

I know C but not much about GIMP's internals or the BMP image structure.
I might try to create a patch if I find some time to study those.

The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.
  -- Isaac Asimov

Roel Schroeven