>>>  For the moment  I use the following work-around: I  have the help files
(which are in html) installed at a known point on my  system, and I have
my web browser set to open them as a file on the local  machine. When I
run into an issue which necessitates my consulting the helpd  files, I
open the help files in my  browser.        ns   <<<

Hello Noel,

I know I can access the manual on line, but would rather not (see my
really
do not know that much, technically, about  computers.  But if you have them
installed on your "local system" (hard  drive?) why would you need to access
them on line?  Or maybe the question  is... if you access the manual on line
via
your browser, why go to the trouble  of installing them anywhere else?  Sorry
for the questions... but I really  don't want to remain computer ignorant
forever.

Rebecca

“Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for  themselves.”
So said Abraham Lincoln!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Totally cool web  site:_  Tolerance.org_ (http://www.tolerance.org/index.jsp)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ANYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT IS ADVERTISING ADDED BY AOL WITHOUT MY  PERMISSION
OR CONSENT

In a message dated 2/25/2009 8:46:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
For the  moment  I use the following work-around: I have the help files
(which  are in html) installed at a known point on my system, and I have
my web  browser set to open them as a file on the local machine. When I
run into  an issue which necessitates my consulting the helpd files, I
open the help  files in my  browser.

ns

steps!
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)