On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Gracia M. Littauer <gra...@yadtel.net>
> wrote:
>
> > I am truely amazed when I get answers like this..I just said I use
> > photpshop on a windows laptop to get good prints from gimp & comemented
> > that I  never get any from gimp on my liux machine & of course I use
> > gutenprint, but even that good driver does't make decent gimp
> > prints...OO does a better job, but nothing beats PS in windows.

Actually, you didn't say you use linux, so it was a reasonable question.  I
use
only linux, and get prints that are shown and sometimes are sold in art
galleries.
Maybe the problem is in the Zen version of Linux.  It's an interesting
discussion
though -- this is a wonderfully helpful group.

> What you think is obvious, is not. Just a wrong assumption on your
> part. My understanding was that you didn't need Gutenprint in order to
> print.
>
> David

Helen Etters
using Linux, SuSE11