On Friday 03 April 2009 09:55:34 Helen wrote

> Actually, you didn't say you use linux, so it was a reasonable
> question.

I did say I used Linux, in a rather convoluted way, I will admit.

> I use
> only linux, and get prints that are shown and sometimes are sold in
> art galleries.

BUT YOU PRINT FROM OO not gimp & have complained to me often about gimp

The question I asked or thought I asked was about printing from GIMP in
linux. I only have a problem with gimp as do you and quite a few others
as I noticed from the thread.

I admit I have an old (but great) wide epson stylus 3000 printer and
have found some help from Krawitz, the gutenprint head honcho, on
upping the color density so my prints from OO (in linux) are OK, but
not as great as from PhotoShop on my windows laptop.

So my question still stands...do people find printing FROM gimp in Linux
bad? & for those who think I'm a troll or haven't tested...I'm a rather
attractive tall old broad & have used CUPS, gutenprint 5.

Never occured to me to DL gimp to window machine & try printing. Seemed
conter productive since I'd have to move photo from one machine to the
other. I do almost all my work on Linux box...just keep windows laptop
for the few things that haven't migrared to linux.

Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 -ZENWALK 5.x
In his Discourse on the Method, Descartes
 summarizes his line of reasoning in the famous phrase,
'I think, therefore I am' (or in Latin, 'cogito ergo sum'). ...