On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 11:39:17AM +0200, Carusoswi wrote:
> >On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 06:46:59PM -0400, Gracia M. Littauer wrote:
> >> I always do them in Photoshop on my windows laptop.
> >>
> >> Am I the only one with this problem?/ I have a bet going that I'm
> >> not ;^). I say linux is weak in the printing area & it's about the only
> >> good thing windows does.
> >You haven't used Linux recently (or ever), did you? Modern Linux uses CUPS
> >printing sistem (that stands for Common Unix Printing System) that is the
> >very same system Apple OSX uses nowadays, but the Linux
> >counterpart is even richer of drivers and supports...
> >
> >Never say one thing before having tested it thoroughly.
> >

> I use Gimp in both Windows XP and Linux (Ubuntu 8.10).  Since I have yet to
> find a cups driver for my Canon i960, I purchased TurboPrint, and, thankfully,
> it allows full function of my printer under Ubuntu.
So actually you state that Linux has better print support that anything else

> In XP, however, Gimp will
> not print photos forme, refusing to retain the page layout instructions I
> specify (4.6 results in a 4 x 6 image on letter sized paper).
probably is really a stupid hint but please, be kind: have you tried to
insert  the image to print into an OpenOffice page? I found it the easiest
way to handle the print page layout...

Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |