> Using Gimp 2.6.6 on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) Linux.
>
> If I have a newly created "untitled" image and I Close it, I
> naturally,
> and correctly, get a dialog asking me if I wish to save it or not save
> it.
>
> In that dialog, pneumonic letters are underlined, meaning that I
> _should_ simply be able to type that letter and the action will be
> taken
> -- at least that is the way it would work on Windows (but I don't have
> Gimp on Windows).
>
> I _can_ access those pneumonics if I do an ALT first, as one would
> normally do when using pneumonics to get to menus.  However, I think I
> should be able to simply type the single pneumonic/letter that is
> underlined.
>
> a) Is this behavior (that I can't just type the letter, I have to also
> hit the ALT key) correct for this type of dialog box?
>
> b) Is this the way Gimp acts in Windows?
>
> c) Is this "problem" an Ubuntu / KDE standard way of doing things (or
> known problem)?

Here on Ubuntu-8.10, Alt+F then  N  brings up a new dialog, and
randomly checking a number of others, it worked as expected

On Windows there is a windows theme (name forgotten) that can upset
all manner of keyboard actions, but AFAIK, a standard installation of
windows should allow keyboard control

--

Owen