I had installed glib-2.20.4 through a rpm built with checkinstall. I
uninstalled it and re-installed glib with "make install".

I have the  glib-2.0 directory in /usr/share, /usr/local/share,

The PKG-CONFIG_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables are empty.

I tried "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/local/lib' && export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH='/usr/local/lib' " before ./configure in the gtk+-2.16.5
directory : my problem persits.

I also added the three glib-2.0 paths in ld.so.conf, without any success.

Is this actually a glib path problem? I have the
/usr/local/lib/libgio-2.0.so file...