Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 07:55 AM, julien wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> glib and gtk-related .pc files are in /usr/lib/pkgconfig. In
>> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig I have babl.pc, gegl.pc, gio-2.0.pc,
>> gio-unix-2.0.pc, glib-2.0.pc but no gtk.pc, probably because it is not
>> installed yet?
>>
>> I ran
>> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
>> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>> and still I have this damned eroor on 'make':
>>

> PKG_CONFIG_PATH is a configure time environment variable. make does not
> care about PKG_CONFIG_PATH. You need to reconfigure with PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> and probabl LD_LIBRARY_PATH set (but again, note that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
> not needed when later running the built software due to libtool's use of
> rpaths.
>
>   / Martin

As Martin says

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 ./configure

Then 'make'.

If 'make' still complains it may mean you've got the 'stripped' version of one
or more packages and have to download the development versions (they usually
have "-devel" in their names) which have header files needed for compilation.

A similar problem came up about a month ago on the mailing list - it might also
be worth your while having a look in the Gimp-user archives (July 2009; subject
babl; author John Culleton, Doug, etc)

Doug