Cristian Secară wrote, On 2010-03-25 07:19:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:19:29 +0100, Lennart Svensson wrote:
>> When you start gimp from the promptline you got the Application
>> Why is this not available (as a button) when you open a file inside
>> gimp ?
> If I understand correctly you want to open the same image as the one
> currently opened, but as separate image ?

> If this is what I have understand (?) you can open as many
> same-but-different image by simply drag and drop the image over the
> toolbox.
> (opening images by drag and drop is always an easier method for me
> than to browse for a file via the open dialog each time I want to open
> something; unfortunately the save by drag and drop is no possible :)
> Cristi

When using gimp in a shell and open a file r/o you write:
  prompt> gimp -a picture.jpg

So what I want is to use the '-a' feature when I use 'open image' window.
This feature exist in the application but you can only reach it from the shell
So my question is why it is not reachable inside gimp ?

I can live without the feature but if I press Contr-S will my original file be

PS. I use the '-a' to inhibit destroying