On 03/25/10 16:05, Lennart Svensson wrote:
<snip>
> When using gimp in a shell and open a file r/o you write:
>   prompt> gimp -a picture.jpg
>
> So what I want is to use the '-a' feature when I use 'open image' window.
> This feature exist in the application but you can only reach it from the
> shell prompt.
> So my question is why it is not reachable inside gimp ?
>
> I can live without the feature but if I press Contr-S will my original file
> be destroyed.
>

> /Lennart
>
> PS. I use the '-a' to inhibit destroying

Use Ctrl+shift+s instead of ctrl+s

Adding the shift opens the "save as" dialog and will not destroy the
original.

I don't see the additional complexity as needed since ctrl+shift+s does
what you need it to do (preserve the original).

Again, I also suggest copying the file (cp original.ext
original.bak.ext) before you begin editing it. I generally use
ctrl+shift+s out of habit even if I plan on destroying the original by
overwriting it.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.