----- Original Message -----
From: Stephan Henningsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Marc Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Does this filter exist?

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 09:42:44PM +0200, Stephan Henningsen
> > > > number of pixels in my image so that the extra pixels are
> > > > rather than simply repeated?"
> > >
> > > Exactly.  How do I do that? =)
> >
> > Use the scale tool or "Image->Scale Image". The answer is so obvious
> > I still don't think this is what you wanted to know?
> And that won't stretch it like any ordinary (paint brush)
> graphics tool would?

It would stretch it b stretching it, not like paintbrush does (which I
believe is not antialiased.) Gimp antialiases but there is only so much
information in an x by y pixel image.

> I mean an "intelligent" stretch tool.  Like you said, not
> just repeat the same pixels.

The best you are going to get is filtering the output of your enlargement
which is essentially what you are looking for. Do you know of any software
that does what you'r talking about?


Reply via email to