The site looks great! I only have a few minor cosmetic concerns though:

1. The About GIMP, Documentation, Donations, Get Involved, and Tutorial links
in the footer and menu bar don't have icons next to them. What's strange is
that on the mobile version, the Documentation and Tutorials links both have
icons. I personally think these would look nice:
 - About GIMP: Not sure but maybe a question mark?
 - Donations: A simple dollar sign
 - Get Involved: A handshake

2. The images for the GIMP icon in the menu bar and footer are much lower
quality than the other icons. I'm only looking at the site on my phone so I
can't tell for sure but I'm gonna assume that the other icons are vectors
whereas the GIMP icon is a bitmap image. Also, the icons for Scribus, Inkscape,
and SwatchBooker should either be halved in size or replaced with higher DPI
icons for hi-res devices. Perhaps do the same thing with the "Graphic Design
Elements" and "Programming Algorithms" backgrounds but loading higher DPI
images for those might start causing load issues for people on mobile devices
so I don't think that's too important personally.

3. The Recent News title on the News page doesn't have a border and shadow
underneath it like the Documentation, Tutorials, and other titles on their
respective pages do.

4. The OpenHub activity tracker's design and style doesn't fit with the rest of
the site. But that's just mostly color scheme and font.

Other than that, everything else looks great!

A far as the GIMP registry goes, part of me wants to preserve it and just
update Drupal to the latest version (assuming it's backwards compatible) and
hope it has better spam protection. But on the other hand, I'd like to see it
redone entirely in a way that's built for spam protection from the group up.
They both have their pros and cons:

Fix the Current Site
Pros:
 - Should be relatively simple.
 - No loss of plugins and posts.
 - Current registry users won't have to learn a new system for posting plugins
or responses.

Cons:
 - AFAIK, there's no real version control on Drupal making it difficult for
users to find the version of a plugin their looking for.
 - Potential for future problems due to old server configs.

Create an All New Site
Pros:
 - We can rest assured spam won't be an issue.
 - We can modify it to our and the users needs from the ground up.

Cons:
 - Will be a massive undertaking.
 - Will have the need for moving over old plugins from the old site.

Those are just my thoughts on it.

Kasim Ahmic

Sent from my iPhone