This is a very subtle bug.  GiraphJob inherits from
org.apache.mapreduce.Job.  However, the methods submit() and
waitForCompletion() are not overridden.  I assumed that they were
implemented, so when I called either one of these methods, the framework
started up identity mappers/reducers.  A simple fix is to throw
unsupported operation exceptions or to implement these methods.  Perhaps
this has been done already?

-David