Yeah.  I haven't changed anything with the standard Giraph stuff.  I just
made my own vertex and and VertexInputFormat.  We are in a 64bit
environment. . .is it possible that building a jar with 32bit tools would
be a problem?  I wouldn't think so, since that addressing
native-dependency issues was sort of the *point* of java. . .but, this
seems really odd to me.  Are there some dependency restrictions that I
should know about?  We have to use Jackson 1.6 (because we use cloudera
distribution of hadoop), and there are other libraries we use.  Thx again
for the feedback.

-David