On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

Roger Bivand wrote
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016, Anna Petrášová wrote:

Hi,

I installed latest R on fresh Windows 10, then I installed several
packages into my personal library, then I installed standalone GRASS
GIS 7.3, and when I run R from GRASS session, it does not see the
installed packages. .libPaths() called from GRASS session indeed does
not show the path to the personal library. I installed the packages
again in GRASS session and then it's OK. Any idea why this happens and
how to avoid that?

No idea, only you can reproduce what you are doing. Do you mean 7.3, the development version? Try the 7.0 and 7.2 versions, and compare to see which environment variables may not be being transferred (R_LIBS probably) in GRASS 7.3. Are you running R in a Windows terminal (if such exists in Windows 10) inside GRASS, or in the command line in the GRASS GUI? If the latter, has this changed?

tested with winGRASS7.2.svn standalone installer

System Info GRASS version: 7.2.svn GRASS SVN revision: r69794 Build date: 2016-11-13 Build platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 GDAL: 2.1.2 PROJ.4: 4.9.3 GEOS: 3.5.0 SQLite: 3.14.1 Python: 2.7.5 wxPython: 2.8.12.1 Platform: Windows-8-6.2.9200
in the winGRASS-provided windows console:

Cleaning up temporary files...
Starting GRASS GIS...
WARNING: Concurrent mapset locking is not supported on Windows

         __________  ___   __________    _______________
        / ____/ __ \/   | / ___/ ___/   / ____/  _/ ___/
       / / __/ /_/ / /| | \__ \\_  \   / / __ / / \__ \
      / /_/ / _, _/ ___ |___/ /__/ /  / /_/ // / ___/ /
      \____/_/ |_/_/  |_/____/____/   \____/___//____/

Welcome to GRASS GIS 7.2.svn (r69794)
GRASS GIS homepage:                      http://grass.osgeo.org
This version running through:            Command Shell
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe)
Help is available with the command:      g.manual -i
See the licence terms with:              g.version -c
See citation options with:               g.version -x
If required, restart the GUI with:       g.gui wxpython
When ready to quit enter:                exit

Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.

C:\Users\test>R

R version 3.3.1 (2016-06-21) -- "Bug in Your Hair"
Copyright (C) 2016 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

Type 'q()' to quit R.

You would need to try to load a package from your personal library, so:

.libPaths()
library()
installed.packages()

should show whether anything is found, and to install within the GRASS session:

install.packages("rgrass7")
library(rgrass7)

and see what happens.

For me on Linux, R_LIBS is set by me and works, but on Windows the default is (possibly) set in the Registry anyway, which would/should be used if R_LIBS is not set. Within R, .libPaths() should be the same inside GRASS and outside GRASS. In Linux I have chosen to set R_LIBS, in Windows 7, GRASS standalone 7.0.4, I can start R GUI in the GRASS GUI console command line, and my personal library is found (no R_LIBS set, .libPaths() returns the default). I haven't tried with GRASS 7.2 on Windows.

Roger

q()
Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: n

C:\Users\test>echo %R_LIBS%
%R_LIBS%

I've implemented the R-winGRASS-connecting for the standalone installer by

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/mswindows/external/rbatch
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/mswindows/external/rbatch/R.bat

%R_LIBS% isn't listed there.

-----
best regards
Helmut

Roger Bivand
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: roger.biv...@nhh.no
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
http://depsy.org/person/434412