On Thu, 17 Nov 2016, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote
now tested by intalling some libraries into my personal library.

outside a winGRASS7.2.svn session

.libPaths()
[1] "C:/Users/test/Documents/R/win-library/3.3"
[2] "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.3.1/library"

inside a winGRASS7.2.svn session

.libPaths()
[1] "C:/Program Files/R/R-3.3.1/library"

there is a diffference between inside and outside a winGRASS7.2.svn
session

now tested with standalone winGRASS7.0.5; same behaviour; inside a
winGRASS-session the personal library seems not to be found.

any idea?

My Windows 7, GRASS 7.0.4 shows identical .libPaths() values both inside and out with RGui. I don't know how the location of the personal library folder is recorded - is it in the registry? How might one know? It looks like:

Sys.getenv("R_LIBS_USER")

gives a template, so maybe it isn't in the registry? Some documentation here:

https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#I-don_0027t-have-permission-to-write-to-the-R_002d3_002e3_002e2_005clibrary-directory
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Windows-packages

Users can have one or more libraries, normally specified by the environment variable R_LIBS_USER. This has a default value (to see it, use ‘Sys.getenv("R_LIBS_USER")’ within an R session), but that is only used if the corresponding directory actually exists (which by default it will not)

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-admin.html#Managing-libraries

Best wishes,

Roger

-----
best regards
Helmut

Roger Bivand
Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen, Norway.
voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 91 00
e-mail: roger.biv...@nhh.no
http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2392-6140
http://depsy.org/person/434412