On November 22, 2019 at 9:44:18 AM, Job Snijders wrote:

Job:

Hi!

I have a couple of comments.

> Finally, where appropriate, the GROW documents the operational aspects
> of measurement, monitoring, policy, security, and VPN infrastructures,
> and safe default behavior of implementations.

It is important to highlight somewhere that protocol changes (to, for
example, meet that "safe default behavior") are to be developed in the
WG chartered with maintaining the specific protocol.  idr for BGP, in
close coordination with grow, of course.

idr is also in the process of discussing an update to their charter.
An important highlight in the text there will be precisely that.

> GROW will also advise various working groups, specifically the IDR and
> SIDROPS working groups, with respect to whether it is addressing the
> relevant operational and routing security needs of networks, and where
> appropriate, suggest course corrections or intervene. Finally,
> operational requirements developed in GROW can also be used by any new
> working group charged with standardizing a next generation inter-domain
> routing protocol.

I don't think I understand what you mean by "suggest course
corrections or intervene".  The current Charter ends this sentence
with "suggest course corrections", what is the meaning/intent of
"intervene"?  How does that look as a WG?

> Jul 2021 - "Devise a BGP Community Description System" to IESG

Maybe this is explained somewhere else (??)...what is that?  Is it
simply best practices/recommendations on how to structure the contents
of communities, or something else?

Thanks!!

Alvaro.