Hi Ludo,

sex 28 ago 2026 às 18:32:17 (1787952737), [email protected] enviou:
> 
> My proposal is to set up a moderation team, separate from maintainers,
> whose sole responsibility would be CoC enforcement and that could be
> held accountable.  The implications as I see it would be:
> 
>   1. A fixed-term mandate for moderation team members, both to avoid
>      fatigue and to reduce the risk of continued biases.
> 
>   2. Mandatory transparency reports that the team would send
>      periodically to summarize its actions (without giving any details
>      on the cases themselves).
> 
>   3. Revocable mandate in case its mission is not fulfilled (version 1.4
>      of the Contributor Covenant, which was used before commit
>      4254d74b4ca6d4aa78b7fa055fc9ec72a2e93ad3, included such a clause).
> 
> It’s perhaps too early to discuss procedural details.  However, we need
> volunteers who’d like to share their moderation experience, to take the
> lead on this change, and/or to be members of the first moderation team.
> I expect the current maintainers to join the effort so they can share
> their experience and help make this happen as quickly as possible.
> 
> Please make yourself known so we can figure out the way forward!
> 

Even though I do not have prior experience moderating communities, I'd be
willing to be part of such a team provided that its role would be a more
passive one as in "taking complaints a dealing with them" instead of
actively monitoring all comunications channels preemptively.

Besides what you've said above, I also think that we could benefit from
a "Restorative Justice"[1] model of dealing with CoC violations and I think
it is very much aligned with the principles of our consensus building
process.  I'm still doing some research on the topic and trying to image
how that would work out on a online first community such as ours.  However,
I'd like to leave this hint here in case anyone finds it an interesting
approach and want to exchange ideas on the topic.

May these these hurdles serve as a way for our community to mature.

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restorative_justice

Reply via email to