Ludovic Courtès <[email protected]> skribis:

> I fully agree; no bot should be put in production in Guix until:
>
>   1. it has received thorough testing outside of Guix (as was done with
>      @guix-cuirass-bot for several months before it was deployed for
>      Guix);
>
>   2. there’s consensus on enabling it in Guix;
>
>   3. there are several people behind it with all the information and
>      credentials to react promptly whenever something goes wrong;
>
>   4. there’s information on how to report issues and inspect the code
>      and infra, which <https://codeberg.org/guix-auto-upgrade-bot>
>      currently lacks.

I and others are not being heard, the bot made 27 pull requests today,
which people now tag as spam, so I went ahead and blocked
@guix-auto-upgrade-bot on Codeberg.

I’m all for a bot to assist in package updates but the conditions for
deployment in production here are not met.

Ludo’.

Reply via email to