Hi,

The bot commits have been landed on master.

I'm a fan of automation with predictable tools
which may be shared among community to make the life better.

But

By having an automated PR opener will not bring us to a better state.
Especially, when a single PR refreshes just one package.

I do Astro update for more than 4y every month in a bulk,
checking the whole collection carefully, communicating with upstream
on found issues. I use guix refresh -s and committer script which
are not perfect but cut off a lot of time for a big refresh job.

I see this "automation" more time consuming
and creating more noise than solving problems.

If Gabriel would like to automate - please test it on a private channel
first.
Or open discussion with community and try to address all concerns.

And the communicating tone they expresses is very provoking.


Regards,
Oleg


VCS: https://github.incerto.xyz/; https://git.sr.ht/~hellseher/
GPG: 9847 81DE 689C 21C2 6418 0867 76D7 27BF F62C D2B5

… наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна найти
смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но совершенно не в
состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.

Reply via email to