On 9/15/26 13:30, Gabriel Wicki wrote:
pinoaffe <[email protected]> writes:

I think the answers to those questions should have been well-known
*before* the bot was actually taken into use.

What makes you think the answers to these questions were **not**
well-known?  Did I miss the memo where I should have asked for
permission somewhere?  Please let me know and excuse my misbehavior if
that is the case.

Please assume good faith. As someone who wants GABBS to succeed, three things that you could have done differently:

1) Even though you had answers for those questions, there was no way for the rest of us to know that. So it would have been better to proactively share such information, and stick around to answer unanticipated questions.

2) Even though this particular bot did not wreak havoc, bots have a tendency to go haywire. It would have been better if you only let it run under supervision for a while.

3) If someone 'calls you out', don't react so aggressively. Even if you belief the other is wrong, rude, etc. Whether or not pinoaffe actually was is besides the point. You want to make GABBS better, that's the point, so ensure your communication leads to that goal.

making me doubt your sincerity
My sincerity in what regard, exactly?

I wondered as well, but realized it doesn't really matter. Starting the bot and then going on vacation also triggers this "something's wrong" feeling in me, even though I cannot articulate it well.

Hugo


Reply via email to