Good morning, Untrusem. Untrusem <[email protected]> writes:
> I forgot to mention "Zulip" in my mail, it was also set up for this very > "archiving things, better search, unified interface" issue. People > even made IRC bot service and packaged other things for it, but in the > end, it didn't take off. `Issues` and `Email` are still the most used > way people do discussions. I tried to make `Guide guix` stuff for it, > tried to do other things as well but no its not active` > > Here is the link for it - https://guix.zulipchat.com (needs javascript) > > This tells us the things I see in various community efforts, "Starting > something is easy part. but keeping is maintained, active is very hard. We > all have that big Announcement, but after that announcement comes > regular discussions, bug fixes, conflicts, moderation, keeping it > running". And this is hard. Well, it's not that it didn't take off, we didn't propose it yet. It took us some time to get the bot ready, which it is now. I, or someone else, needs to ask for the keys of our infrastructure to set up that bridge. We also need to find time to write an announcement of the Zulip trial; everyone needs to be informed that we are doing a test flight of the platform to see if it fits the project. I wasn't in a big hurry since I know that during summertime the project is less active, I think it's better to do this kind of testing when most people are available. Additionally, I already got a few complains from some people in IRC because I sent a few messages in the IRC room from the bridge when I was testing the integration, I hope that as a community, we can be a bit more collaborative next time. In the last months, the community has not been particularly friendly, so it didn't look like a good time to start a new community platform, specially with the uncertainty of the CoC enforcement. Best regards, Sergio
