RE: [gurps] Sad day
> >> Sad day when you see a Game Store take its entire inventoy of GURPS
> books and place them on sale for 75% off :(
> >
> >3e or all?
> >
> >It would substantiate my theory on 4e's effect, unfortunately
> >
> All - even the GURPS SPACE, as well as GURPS 4e Characters and Campaign
> (although they only had one set of those). It is the same place I
> purchased a copy of the bound & Signed versions of GURPS 4e Characters and
> Campaign for $50.
It doesn't surprise me. I don't know anyone that plays 4e.
4e is just broken and has no flavor/style. Unless you just want to play a
really vanilla game like standard fantasy it's actually harder to use then 3e
was. In 3e you can pull out the supers book or psionics book, pick what you
want, and start playing. Now in 4e you have to find all of the various
advantages, try to modify them to be what you want (not what the GURPS guys
want you to have), then try to figure out some way to afford a power that a
mage can buy for under 10 points.
The whole system just seems broken to me now, Attributes cost too much (they
aren't even worth buying in most cases IMO). Skills are too cheap. Magic is too
powerful. Psionics is worthless and overpriced.
I once played in a 75 point game in 4e. I ended up with a character with 10's
in every stat but a 22 skill in Fencing. In a 75 point game, he was pretty
effective.
I also played in a 200 point game. I ended up with a Mage with 10 Magery, 15 IQ
and all of the spells I wanted in the 20's.
Again, 4e is just broken.
Let us pray the Pimp's prayer:
Lord, please pray for the soul of this bitch and guide my pimp hand and make it
strong Lord, so that she might learn a hoe's place. Amen -A Pimp Named
Slickback, The Boondocks
Erik Holmes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: ErikHolmes & Erickh0510
ICQ: 2593395
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1ยข/min.
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l