Evyn MacDude wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:55:05 +0100, Jeff Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It's a matter of very public record that Steve Jackson's choice was to publish one paper supplement a month. It was the logistical and financial realities that dictated the slower production of larger hardcover books.
Yes we had this disscussion with Steve. What has happen in my case
that he is receiving 30 to 40% less income from me per year than
he did 3 years ago. Though that might change with the advent of
a decent Ebook reader.

Yup, that's about the same with me. I really doubt that there was a month that went by that I didn't get at least 1 3E book, and usually more. Since 4E I've bought 5. So a minimum of $25 per month with the 3E stuff, or 5 books in 20 months (about $9/month). (Actually it's way less then that as I only bought the 4E ones when I could find them on Amazon for 40ish% off cover price.) SJG has lost my entire gaming group (about 7-10 people) as it's chosen to stay with 3E, I'm the only one who's got any of the new books, because they chose to wait and see how 4E was being supported before they invested. Needless to say they haven't been favorably impressed.

Say all you'd like about market factors and realities and logistics, but the simple fact of the matter is that selling 1 $25 book per month gets you $300 a year. Selling 9 books at $35 each over 20 months is $315, but over almost 2 years. I fail to see how making $15 a month is somehow better then $25.

--

*/Mike S./*

*/--/*

*/Dolor Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cicatrices Virgines Placent/*

  (Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal, Chicks Dig Scars)


_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to