On 8/17/06, Erik Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

4e is just broken and has no flavor/style.

I'd agree that 4e has little flavor of its own, but how is that *more*
the case than with 3e?  I've always regarded GURPS's long-standing
lack of individual flavor as a strength, since it lets me use the same
rules set in multiple settings without worrying about something
terribly inappropriate.

As for "broken," it sounds to me like your real problem was lack of GM
control.  If I spent my entire point budget on Fencing in a 3e game,
I'm sure he'd be a pretty fearsome fighter as well.  Yes, it'd
probably be skill 19 instead of 22, but that's still badass,
particularly considering that Fencing is a better skill in 3e than 4e.
And with some optional rules presented in GURPS Myth, that Magery 10
character would be legal in 3e as well.  And what's wrong with that?
4e leaves it to the GM to limit advantages and disads as appropriate
to the campaign, and for some campaigns, that Magery 10 character is
appropriate.  I've got my discontents with 4e myself, but those
objections strike me as blaming the brushes and paints when you should
blame the artist.



--
My wife's food blog is quite interesting:
http://thehappysorceress.blogspot.com
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to