From: Bira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I didn't know Spain was a communist country :) . And, at the very
least, they'd be part of EU, wouldn't they?
Spain's increasing socialism and isolationism could make both points moot.


From: "Evyn MacDude" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:55:05 +0100, Jeff Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: "Evyn MacDude" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
It's the lack of support for Gurps from Steve... I know that new books have
been pushed to the bottom of my list for purchase due to his choice in
only producing a hardcover once every two to three months.
It's a matter of very public record that Steve Jackson's choice was to publish one paper supplement a month. It was the logistical and financial realities that dictated the slower production of larger hardcover books.
Yes we had this disscussion with Steve.
Well, maybe you're not a natvive speaker then. The unqualified use of "choice" implies a preference, which is not the case here. If customers thought there was such a preference, it might make the line as a whole less appealing for no good reason.

From: "Michael R. Stork" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Yup, that's about the same with me. I really doubt that there was a month that went by that I didn't get at least 1 3E book, and usually more. Since 4E I've bought 5. So a minimum of $25 per month with the 3E stuff, or 5 books in 20 months (about $9/month). (Actually it's way less then that as I only bought the 4E ones when I could find them on Amazon for 40ish% off cover price.)

SJG doesn't get what you pay unless you buy from Warehouse23. The $25 book sells to distributors for $10 and the $35 book for $14, whether it ends up on ebay or on the shelf at FAO Shwartz.

Say all you'd like about market factors and realities and logistics, but the simple fact of the matter is that selling 1 $25 book per month gets you $300 a year. Selling 9 books at $35 each over 20 months is $315, but over almost 2 years. I fail to see how making $15 a month is somehow better then $25.

It's not, but you're not representative of all demand. Hard covers were consistently outselling soft covers at the distributors, even when they were versions of the same book.
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to