Jeff Wilson wrote:
From: "Evyn MacDude" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
It's the lack of support for Gurps from Steve... I know that new books have
been pushed to the bottom of my list for purchase due to his choice in
only producing a hardcover once every two to three months.

It's a matter of very public record that Steve Jackson's choice was to publish one paper supplement a month. It was the logistical and financial realities that dictated the slower production of larger hardcover books.

Which would, maybe, seem reasonable if SJG hadn't sworn that they had enough books ready to go that they could meet the 1 book per month for at least the next 6-8 months after the release of the 2 4E core books. Instead it's taken 19 months to get 7 books. But of course they didn't lie, they just failed to correctly calculate the logistical and financial realities of the situation. I wish I could get away with that. Let's see, how do you think this would go over? 'Well you see Mr. Financial Institution, I thought I could handle the monthly payments for that Porsche, but I seem to have miscalculated the financial realities. Instead, I'll send you one payment every 2-3 months.' I'm sure they'd be understanding.

--

*/Mike S./*

*/--/*

*/Dolor Temporarius, Gloria Aeterna, Cicatrices Virgines Placent/*

  (Pain is Temporary, Glory is Eternal, Chicks Dig Scars)


_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to