(corrected for top-posting)
Anituel wrote:
On 8/17/06, Eric Funk <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snipped>
And in 3e using extended Magery rules the 205 points you spent on
IQ+Magery would buy IQ17 + Magery-7, which is only one point lower
in terms of IQ+Magery, still lets you buy all spells at 20+ for one
point,
and makes your mental skills even cheaper. How is 4e more broken?
My Players would probably choose IQ13 + Magery 14 and get all H
spells at 25
with 1cp... :)
I just plain ol' wouldn't allow that. I'm of the mind that pretty
much EVERY roleplaying system out there is pretty broken. Believe
me; my players have found chinks in the armor of every last one that
we've ever tried. It's the GM's responsibility to keep game balance
even if it means sometimes taking a hardline "No you can't do that"
type of stance. My players all got used to that one pretty quickly,
and sometimes we even have a lot of fun coming up with exactly why
they can't do that in terms of the campaign world.
I'm reminded of Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto.... one of
the items:
"Min/maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game; they're problems
with the player."
No matter what game system, there is a way to break it if you are determined
enough. Personally, I'd rather spend my energy enjoying a game's strong
points than wasting that energy looking for its weaknesses.
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l