Really? I weigh 260 lbs. and I am 5' 7" almost 8". My problem is that I
don't remember to eat or I put off eating. I slowed my metabolism down. I
have been told by my doctor that they are finding out that people whose
eating patterns like mine have a greater chance of diabeties. My meals when
I have them are in proportion to a medium size bowl of soup and half a
sandwich. I have been told by people who see me sitting down to my first
meal of the day (which I usually get around to it at dinnertime) and start
telling me that I need to eat less if I want to loose weight. So I need to
eat to get my metabolism up to speed. I have found that nibbling on raw
coconut has helped some.
Hypothyroid is on the rise and one of the side effects is weight gain. I was
tested for hypothyroid and was borderline. Instead of Amour (sp?) I was told
to avoid soy products if at all possible. Try to lessen intake of cabbage
(love French style cornbeef and cabbage), broccoli (really love, steamed,
raw, w/cheese...), peanuts, etc.. and add things like apricots, kelp...etc.
The last test showed me clear of the border but now I need to be consistant
with eating through the day. Though  small victory I lost 1 1/2" which I
have been told size is more important then the weight (okay, you guys in the
corner get your mind out of the gutter :) ) because muscle weighs more but
is compact.
I know this may sound weird but I knew someone who couldn't eat whole wheat
but could eat white flour without a problem. He is thin as a rail.

De