Susan,

I joined a yahoo group called  Custom-Bras (for some reason I can't get the
link to paste).  It was an offshoot of a sewing group concerned with good fit
and the owner of the new group, Don McGunn, always had really on target
suggestions for fit, so...

I haven't actually tried to make any yet, but from the postings I've read it
doesn't take a lot of time and almost no yardage.  He has an e-book on the
subject, but the site is full of files and videos which I suspect anyone who
has done costuming could derive the info they need just from those.
HTH,
Laurie