On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Alon Altman wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>

> > I don't think the redirect to newcomers is a good idea. First of all,
> > people who surf to our site internationally, or take the last parts of the
> > URL will be annoyed by this behaviour. Secondly, it would be hard to link
> > to the club (http://www.haifux.org/) from web-directories that wish the
> > content to be in English. Thirdly, it is just plain annoying.
> >
> > The site has interests to people besides the newcomers series. Most of the
> > links I gave were directly to http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/ so there's
> > no problem here. And we can put a large <h2> link in the front of the page
> > to direct people there.
>
>   This is a temporary measure to help promote the W2L series. Link to
> http://www.haifux.org/index.html if you want to force the standard English
> page. I have put an English link on the top of the newcomers/ page to the
> regular homepage. It's just one more click for international visitors (which
> didn't follow a deep link).
>   I could add content negotiation to this forward, and have it done only for
> people who prefer Hebrew pages. What do you think?

Yes, that would be a good idea. In any case, I think that the /
should be the front page, and that the newcomers should be at /newcomers/.
A big link at the top of the page would be enough promotion.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

An apple a day will keep a doctor away. Two apples a day will keep two
doctors away.

        Falk Fish