On Monday, 30 בApril 2007 09:33, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Any recommendation for HW to be used?
> -          VGA and sound: on board or are you
> recommending a low-cost add on card

Since these days anybody with Nvidia/ATI card has to fight to have
minimal 3D (even to play tuxracer, not to mention beryl/compiz fun)
I think that rules them out.

That basically leaves Intel on-board chipsets which are supported
out of the box by any modern Xorg.

An exception: One of my Pentium 4's have an on-board old ATI chipset
(Radeon 9100 IGP) -- it was bought before found about better alternatives.
This board "magically" started to have 3D acceleration after a normal
update of Xorg ~6 months ago (the chipset is old and featureless enough
that new versions of the free radeon driver caught up).
While miracles like that may happen, I keep myself away from depending on
them by avoiding ATI/Nvidia.

Cheers,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                  http://www.actcom.co.il/~oron
ICQ UIN: 16527398

"write your own operating system.  It has worked every time for me"
           -- Linus Thorvalds