On 10/04/2017 08:09 μμ, Olivier Houchard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On top of those patches, here a 3 more patches.
> The first one makes the systemd wrapper check for a HAPROXY_STATS_SOCKET
> environment variable. If set, it will use that as an argument to -x, when
> reloading the process.

I see you want to introduce a specific environment variable for this
functionality
and then fetched in the code with getenv(). This is a way to do it.

IMHO: I prefer to pass a value to an argument, for instance -x. It is also
consistent with haproxy binary where someone uses -x argument as well.

> The second one sends listening unix sockets, as well as IPv4/v6 sockets.
> I see no reason not to, and that means we no longer have to wait until
> the old process close the socket before being able to accept new connections
> on it.

> The third one adds a new global optoin, nosockettransfer, if set, we assume
> we will never try to transfer listening sockets through the stats socket,
> and close any socket nout bound to our process, to save a few file
> descriptors.

IMHO: a better name would be 'stats nounsedsockets', as it is referring to a
generic functionality of UNIX stats socket, rather to a very specific
functionality.

I hope tomorrow I will find some time to test your patches.

Thanks a lot for your work on this,
Pavlos