On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:08:56PM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> On 10/04/2017 08:09 ????, Olivier Houchard wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On top of those patches, here a 3 more patches.
> > The first one makes the systemd wrapper check for a HAPROXY_STATS_SOCKET
> > environment variable. If set, it will use that as an argument to -x, when
> > reloading the process.
>
> I see you want to introduce a specific environment variable for this
> functionality
> and then fetched in the code with getenv(). This is a way to do it.
>
> IMHO: I prefer to pass a value to an argument, for instance -x. It is also
> consistent with haproxy binary where someone uses -x argument as well.

I'm not sure what you mean by this ?
It is supposed to be directly the value given to -x as an argument.

> > The second one sends listening unix sockets, as well as IPv4/v6 sockets.
> > I see no reason not to, and that means we no longer have to wait until
> > the old process close the socket before being able to accept new connections
> > on it.
>
> > The third one adds a new global optoin, nosockettransfer, if set, we assume
> > we will never try to transfer listening sockets through the stats socket,
> > and close any socket nout bound to our process, to save a few file
> > descriptors.
> >

> IMHO: a better name would be 'stats nounsedsockets', as it is referring to a
> generic functionality of UNIX stats socket, rather to a very specific
> functionality.

Well really it is a global setting, maybe my wording isn't great, but it
makes haproxy close all sockets not bound to this process, as it used to,
instead of keeping them around in case somebody asks for them.

> I hope tomorrow I will find some time to test your patches.

Thanks a lot ! This is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Olivier