I just got back from Burning Man 2017, using an H12 I bought from Reno
Hexayurt. I was pretty happy with it (especially when attached to my large
swamp cooler), but a campmate (also bought Reno H12) and I are wondering
how best to (1) increase the door height, and (2) speed up set up / break
down, ideally allowing single-person assembly. I guess an H13 would be the
default choice for a taller door, but...

I've been playing with cardboard models, and came up with this, which I
haven't seen anywhere else:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AXBmIP330Jk/Wa9Iz8VsSxI/AAAAAAAABH4/D_YSoKDo_S0E1vKLX04ltoNaRaNRh6R-wCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1429.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tW2NVcRT9tI/Wa9I6t2IQvI/AAAAAAAABH8/8tw3MCmUzsExBrgNAt0ZxUsLqAc6WcttACLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1430.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mrAFfSdw-cw/Wa9JBnIWkMI/AAAAAAAABIA/euZcHLAANmQ5dSxUHFNmKhqkfMmV4msbgCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1431.JPG>

It's kind of a 5-1/2 yurt, I guess, made from 13 panels: five ordinary
walls, one vertical panel for the door, roof made from six panels, plus the
top piece which is an odd shape (4-8-8 isoceles).

One cool thing is that the roof (apart from the top piece) can fold as a
single permanently hinged unit, rather than the two needed for an H12:

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FHtB0xx_DEI/Wa9KAzGGZjI/AAAAAAAABII/B3RoEjwFGlU_QX5KwdaeJok6NnVNznwwQCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1435.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-H0nqnGtsYXI/Wa9KHDdYeSI/AAAAAAAABIM/PnweExqevYUvGJPcfjUivb_6eVcG9vm5QCLcBGAs/s1600/IMG_1433.JPG>

So that's an idea for a taller door, slightly less sf than the H12 (which
is more than big enough for me and my wife), and a lot more head room. But,
I am worried about stability. Anyone have any thoughts there?

As for quicker assembly, we've been thinking zippers, velcro, rods threaded
through eyelets, bungie balls, cable ties... I see some good discussion in
this forum on velcro. But that would seem to still have one of the
disadvantages of taping the non-permanent hinges, namely reachability for
the roof section. Zippers you can work from a long pole. Of course for all
of these you also have the waterproofing issue.

It's a long time to BM 2018, I know, but this is what's in my head now;
might as well work on it!

Any input would be appreciated; thanks!