VectorNormalize is Quake legacy code.  I have never worked with
Half-life 1, so, I'm not sure if anything has changed, but,
VectorNomalize, VectorMA VectorSubtract and etc are in all versions of
Quake, as well as the code in low level routines, like "in_main.cpp"

Replacing this code with a more C++ friendly version would require
drastic changes everywhere in the engine, and be more of a pain than a
benefit.  I haven't yet done much vector math in HL2, but I do believe
that the Vector class has C++ style functions for this?

Jorge Rodriguez wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What are talking about with respect to "change"?  Change from what
version to what version?  Looks like it's always been that way.

Half-Life 1.

In any case, you can add another member function without worrying
about engine binary compatibility if you want.

Why do you say that? Seems to me that if you change the function
addresses it would surely cause lots of crashes in the engine.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez