Hey list,

so lately been fiddling with 3 things
mostly with smoke, I found some files for particle smoke entity and
particle smoke materials but can't find a useable example for emitting
the particle smoke, only can find a test thing but couldn't apply it to
my grenade, using ep1 hl2mp just so you know.

Anyone can tell me if it's useable and if so how to call it?

Secondly I was experimenting with my holy hand grenade which currently
has basically a huge explosion that instantly kills anyone in its
radius, I think it's rather cheesy and to overpowered now since I
allowed grenades to be cooked. So after some thinking I thought of a
smaller explosion with a holy ball of light being released(the combine
ball) tried using it but some attempts to use GetOwner that fail for
some reason that I don't understand

here's the code:
    CBasePlayer *pOwner = ToBasePlayer( GetOwner() );

basically this is exactly how it should be but the compiler keeps on
nagging that the identifier can't be found, tried including some headers
and the like but nothing resulted in success, it's really ticking me off
because there seems to be no apparent reason for the error, even did a
full rebuild but the error remains. So any idea's?

also here's the call to create the ball:
        CreateCombineBall( vecSrc, vecVelocity, 10, 150, 3,    pOwner );

last but not least, the level designer of my mod also thought of having
the holy hand grenade emit beams of light that exterminate anyone who
touches so took a short attempt at launching a temporary laser entity
but didn't work,
it required ALOT of arugements, some of which I didnt evne know what to
fill in(like haloindex? what the hell is that)
so anyone know any good places to look at short duration lasers so I can
attempt to make it for my grenade?(holy grenade or something else maybe
in the future?)

Any help/info will be much appreciated, obviously I'll be looking some
more into these myself but it could save me tons of time if I could get
some info up front rather then fiddlign with things that may not even
work(particle smoke?)